BFF's

I spend my day with two two-year olds (give or take a few months each way).  No, Mia does not have a long lost twin and we certainly didn't adopt another child for the zoo.  Here she is -


For those of you who know Curt - you are suddenly wondering how this pooch entered our house.  I'm not sure, other than a long drive to Richmond's Pets Mart (she is from a rescue league) with an anxious Sab (Sab anxious really?).

So back in PA I have a friend named Amy who owns two labs. (Amy, are you reading this?)  Amy would talk about her dog Sadie who had anxiety disorders.  I would laugh hysterically because Amy would just shake her head as she talked about it.  This dog would even eat through her cage.  Well, London is not that bad, but she was offered Prozac today by the vet!!!  I felt bad making my dog a pill pusher so the vet said no worries, it comes in a handy doggy treat!  Skittish is the word we use to describe London.

We named her after Sab's heart throb London Tipton on Zac and Cody.  Originally Sab wanted to call her Sweetie.  Curt said no way in you know where is he yelling out Cutie on campus!  So Mia felt like calling the dog Ruff Ruff.  No dice Mia.  So London came about.  Her original name was Paula?!? 

My day consists of a lot of talk concerning bathroom habits and sharing food.  This can be a bit much but look at why I put up with it -

London  - where u are (yes, she says it a little backwards)- is the very first phrase out of this child's mouth each morning.  This poor creature is so patient.  Mia often dresses her up with hats or her beloved goggles.  When London is missing I know to look on the couch underneath a mountain of pillows. 

Yes, they are in there together and happily so.  I'll take this dog, her skittishness and prozac.  Mia is saying Bye, Byeeeee, Night, Night.

1 comment:

  1. Dawn,
    i wasn't keeping up but now i am back on schedule. Love your blog and Miss you so much!
    sadie has been up to no good but i love her even after digging a hole in the ground and going through the window twice.
    Miss You!

    ReplyDelete