Mia's 4th Take I!

It AMAZES me that four years have past! Her birth story which I just told the other day is pretty remarkable.  I was enormously pregnant.  I know everyone says that, but please believe me when I tell you that I am not exaggerating.  Not even a little.  I was TWO weeks late, and the only shoe that fit was my black Old Navy flip flops.  My boss would inquire at least once a week, "Dawn, aren't those your shower shoes?" Why yes, yes they are! My tears finally worked on my obgyn and an induction was set. The day before Sab and I yucked it up at Chuck-E-Cheese.  I knew this was his last outing as an only child and I gave into everything. I passed out on the couch almost the entire evening, then got up to go to bed!!! On my fourth trip to the bathroom I felt wet.  Then I stood up and noticed oceans were erupting!!  I started talking a million miles a minute.  Going to the bathroom, wrapping myself, planning with Curt who was unresponsive.  Unresponsive?!? Ear plugs, he had in ear plugs!!! Long story short and much discussion about traffic routes and traffic light timing mechanisms (sigh), we arrive at the hospital.  Upon my exam, the emergency room doctor scolded me for not mentioning that I was an at-risk pregnancy.  At-risk?  No, just fat.  Mia, all 9lbs 2 oz of her became breach within a 24 hour period. My last exam had been 24 hours before! Did I feel the earth move - no. But have you ever seen the Twilight birth?  Kidding. 

So four years of this whimsical, beautiful, stubborn and bright little person later.
Birthday party, take I.  She just loved it, all of it.  Thank you to everyone who made it special.
 
My sister knitted all of these! Bunnies, and ducks, and the little girl with the braids is Mia!
 
Her gardening hat.  She is a wonderful help in the garden, truly!
Much love between these two.
Love these faces. 
Happy Birthday Mia!

No comments:

Post a Comment