Soccer - Sure Uh Huh

Well this will be my one and only post about spring soccer.  You might say - what happened to the soccer mom, the decal, the victorious moments standing on your stadium chair?  Well boys and girls they are finished.  We were so blessed (sometimes I hate when people choose that word, but it fits this time) to have Coach Pugh coach in the fall.  The man was a soccer genius, firm, very southern - Sebastian's name was drawn out to a full three minutes especially if he messed up.  Well, my soccer idol coaches the high school boys team in the spring and from what I understand has not lost a game yet!

Let me describe Sab's team a little.  We enroll him up a division.  Get that word - UP!  We think he's a big kid, he's played before, bores easily and it might be nice for him to be put in his place every once in a while.  Honestly, there is only one maybe two kids who look Sab's age.  Two girls, who happen to be twins, I swear are the size of Mia play.  One day Sab had the ball and he was trying to get it away from the other team, launched into a full kick and literally knocked the girl over with the impact of his ball.  Another kid fell and skinned his knee, haven't seen him return yet.  All the coach says is It's just about having fun.  The score of the last game was fifteen to one.  One being scored by Sab.  I'm all for fun but this is ridiculous.  There are no drills, strategy, lap running, nada . .   I go to practice with him, drive home, enter the house and pour a drink.  Curt says we should look into a certification for me to coach.  Bring it on!  Sab has no complaints.  The randomness of it is fine with him.  He does wonder why they never win?!?!


There he is after another loss.  Ready to shake hands with the opponent.   Have I mentioned the word loss yet?

There he is the big 28.  These are the only kids who show up for practice.  The one on the left is the coach's son. 

I'm going to stop typing now!


1 comment:

  1. Yup, sounds like it's time for you to put your coach pants on. Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete